Hand Fishing Kit
We are nearing the end of a long and cold winter. Now, don't get me wrong...I love enjoying outdoor activities in the cold weather (especially Winter camping). But, I'm really excited that prime fishing weather is on the horizon for us very soon.
With that said, I am going through all of my kits and I'm getting things ready for that next warm day so I can get out and catch some Bass and Red-Ear Sunfish! While doing so, it dawned on me that we haven't written a post about one of my favorite pieces of kit: The Exotac xREEL and Roundabout Cards!
Exotac xREEL Review
To kick things off, let me give a quick review of the Exotac xREEL:
- Simply put, this is the Cadillac of Hand Fishing Kits! It has a generously sized handle, a nice spool for housing your fishing line, it's made of premium materials, and it's very easy to use.
- We also have an entire collection of "Roundabout" cards that are made, specifically, to fit inside of the Exotac xREEL. In short...These "roundabout" cards turn your xREEL into a micro survival kit.
- Back to the xReel:
I have owned my personal xREEL for over 2 years and I have had nothing but great experiences with it (it has provided dinner for me and my family on multiple occasions).
Exotac Reel Kit Cards
We have a Roundabout Card for just about everything:
- Hunting (traps & spears)
- Arrow Heads
- Sewing & Repairs
- ...and others.
This is a nice way to turn an already useful tool (the xREEL) into an even better one. With our cards, you'll be able to turn your Exotac xREEL into a full-blown fishing & survival kit!
Shop for Hand Fishing Reel Kits Here
As always, I like to highlight a couple of my personal favorites tools from our lineup. So, let's take a quick look at the "Survival Fish Trap" card first.
- It includes:
(x3) Trap Trigger Snares
(x3) Small Fishing Hooks
- This kit is ideal for passive fishing where you utilize a bent sapling/branch that "activates" when a fish bites and pulls on the line.
- You can also use a similar setup for small land-based critters like squirrels and rabbits.
- This is a versatile & worthwhile card to add to your kit if you're wanting to secure some protein!
Next up is the Roundabout Sewing & Repair Kit...
- If you're like me, you probably have good intentions about keeping a small repair kit in your larger outdoors kit, but you just forget (until you rip something in the field).
- This sewing & repair card features:
(x3) Sewing needles that do a fantastic job when paired with braided fishing line or internal paracord strands.
(x3) Mini Buttons which certainly beat making your own from wood.
(x1) Sewing Awl and Seam Ripper.
Check out the Sewing & Repair Kit
If you are looking for something fun to try this coming Spring & Summer, I highly recommend the xREEL with Roundabout Cards! This will put food on the table. And it's a fun way to enjoy the outdoors while practicing with a worthwhile survival tool.
Shop Hand Fishing Reel Kits Here
About The Author
Based in the Appalachian Mountains, Anthony is a commercial photographer and avid outdoorsman. Whether he's setting up a scene for a photograph or getting things ready to camp, Anthony feels most at home with mud on his boots and a warm campfire burning nearby. Learn more at AnthonyAwaken.com